Thank you for using ZipID.
The following terms and conditions apply to all ZipID bookings.
ZipID has been authorised to conduct identity verifications on your behalf (if you are a business subscriber) or on behalf of the business that has provided their Business Code to you.
Where a fee applies to your booking, you agree to make payment at the time of booking via your nominated credit card. The amount charged by ZipID will be the total amount shown on our booking page prior to you clicking the "Book Now" button on that page.
Cancellations and changes
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the ZipID customer service team on 1300 073 744 during business hours for any cancellation and changes enquiries.
- Cancellations must be made prior to 2pm AEST the business day prior to the appointment in order to receive a refund. Same day bookings are non-refundable.
- Changes to an available appointment date, time or location can be made up to 3 hours before the start of your appointment arrival window; if the notice period is outside of business hours changes must be made the previous business day.
- Allowable changes and cancellations will be subject to a $5.50 administration charge per booking.
Identity Documents can be changed at any time before your appointment with no additional charge.
ZipID 5 Point Check
Our field representative will conduct the following checks at the start of your verification appointment:
- You have provided the exact Identity Documents specified selected by you in your booking
- The Identity Documents provided are genuine and original (photocopies are not accepted)
- The Identity Documents have not expired (except Australian Passport valid for up to 2 years past the expiry date)
- Your name is consistent across the Identity Documents, or you can provide a government issued Change of Name/Marriage Certificate
- You look like the person in the photographs contained in the Identity Documents
If you cannot pass any of the above checks you may be required to repeat your appointment after the issues have been remedied. The full booking fee applies for each appointment booked with ZipID.
To complete your verification appointment our field representative will image your Identity Documents, as well as take an image of you and your signature when presenting your Identity Documents. This is to enable us to compile our Verification of Identity Report. This report is required by law to be stored by us for 7 years.
Problems performing your booking
Our field representatives use best endeavours to ensure they arrive for your booking time. In limited circumstances (e.g. vehicle breakdowns or heavy traffic) this may not be possible. Every effort will be made to communicate anticipated delays with you on the day of your appointment. If we cannot complete your job at a suitable date and time a full refund will be made available.
If our field representative is unable to successfully perform your verification for any of the reasons below, you may be required to book a new appointment. No refund applies. The full booking fee applies for each appointment booked with ZipID.
- You are not at the location stated in your booking for the full duration of your booking window;
- You are not ready to have your appointment completed promptly when the field representative arrives;
- You do not have the original identification documents stated in your booking;
- You do not meet the ZipID 5 Point Check (see above).
Privacy and security
Without affecting any statutory consumer rights that cannot be lawfully excluded or limited we and our field representatives will not be liable for any losses, damages, liability, claims or expenses (howsoever caused, including negligence, and whether direct, indirect or consequential) arising from the use of or connected with the zipid.com.au website or any bookings or any third party services. Due to a range of circumstances that we cannot fully control, we and our field representatives do not accept liability for any delay or failure to attend a scheduled booking. We make no warranty or representation as to the fitness or suitability of any information available through our website or any linked site or any third party services.
Where our liability cannot be excluded, to the extent permitted by law such liability is limited to either: (i) for breach of implied terms, at our option, to resupply the service or the cost of resupplying the service; or (ii) otherwise, to the booking fee.
You are responsible for the accuracy, reliability and integrity of the information and identity documents you provide to us. You indemnify and hold harmless us and our field representatives for any incorrect, expired, inaccurate or fraudulent information or identity documents provided by you to us.
We always try to settle any issues or complaints quickly and fairly. Any correspondence should be sent by email to email@example.com.
You must be at least 18 years of age to make a booking. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Queensland. All references to "we", "our" and "us" are references to ZipID Pty Ltd ACN 166 644 702.